Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Obvious Child


Did you ever hear a song that you forgot existed that instantly conjures up a memory that you haven't thought of probably since the day it happened? Well, that is exactly what happened to me this week, and now I can't stop listening to the song!! Enter Paul Simon's The Obvious Child. I heard it on the way back from yoga on Thursday night and it instantly transported me back to 1990...my friend Kristen's living room...her mom teaching us moves she learned from an African Dancing class...there we were, the three of use dancing around in their living room to this great song...laughing and having a great time...no worries "these songs are true, these days are ours, these tears are free!" And after singing the lyrics of this great song all week, I am once again in awe at how the universe works...at how appropriate it is that this song brought back this memory of this wonderful high school sister-friend...and how timely it is for my life at this moment.

Things I Like....that the cross is always in the ballpark!

No comments:

Post a Comment