Sunday, March 14, 2010

Nueva Cocina


I think that I could probably alternate Italian and Mexican foods for each meal and live a very happy life! I found the Nueva Cocina Sopa De Frijoles Negros con Chipotle Chile at Weggies in the International/Mexican Food isle and was so impressed with the ingredient list and nutritional information, that I decided to give it a try! Well, I made it for lunch on this dank and dreary day and have to say that I am muy impressado! This soup is DELICIOSO!! I am a bit of a soup snob, I usually only eat homemade soups and besides Campbell's Healthy Choice Tomato, have never found a canned/pre-packaged soup that I like...and I love black bean soups so I was a bit skeptical at trying this one. I can say that this soup has won me over, tastes like homemade and will definitely be a staple in our pantry!! The soup does not skimp on the beans and you can actually see the other spices...it is not just an overly diluted broth with a stray bean here and there! It could also very easily serve as a hot dip appetizer with some Wegmans blue corn all natural tortilla chips and homemade guac---yum!!

The best part about this soup mix is that the ingredients are all natural, there are no preservatives or additives and besides a sodium content that is a bit high, it is actually very nutritious! AND it comes in a bag, not a can so you also don't have to worry about that nasty bisphenol A (yes, this estrogen-mimicking chemical is also being found in canned goods--as much as double the levels found in baby/plastic bottles!) It really does look and taste like a homemade soup and is an incredibly fast and delicious meal to make!

Things I Like....Nueva Cocina Sopa De Frijoles Negros con Chipotle Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment